Thursday, November 13, 2008

Shooting the moon...

I'm no Dr. Vector, but I'm working on it.

Last night, I took out the telescope and aimed it at the moon. Now, I've had the scope since September 22nd, but I haven't had a good chance to see the moon until last night. Not that last night was a great chance...the moon was glaringly bright...but it was a chance.

I'm having some problems with focus. The telescope focuses fine and the camera focuses fine, but the two combined don't focus very well. I think the problem is that the camera is touching the eyepiece, which in turn moves the telescope out of focus. Unfortunately, I can't get a good picture if the camera lens isn't right up against the eyepiece. I'm going to try my old camera next time, which has a lens that pops out from the camera body. The one I used last night has a lens that is flush with the body.

Anyway, here's my first feeble attempt at shooting the moon:



No comments: