Last night, I made a yummy red curry. It's not an expensive dish, really, but I had to go with the local, organic chicken, so it emptied my wallet. But it was worth it, really, as it'll feed me for a few days. Ms. Emily was feeling a little under the weather last night, but she showed up for the tasting, anyway.
To make the curry you'll need the following:
- 1 chopped organic red pepper
- 1 chopped organic carrot
- 1 cubed sweet potato
- about 8 organic shitake mushrooms
- 1 can organic coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 4 or 5 cloves organic garlic, minced
- one bunch organic basil
- 2" long piece of organic ginger, grated
- 2 chicken breasts (or substitute tofu)
- canola oil
I add hot sauce, as well. Something hot w/o a lot of flavor works best.
After eating, it's nice to relax with a study session. Unfortunately, in my apartment, studying is hard to do as many tiny creatures demand my attention.