Monday, November 12, 2007

The Boneyard, blogroll and other news...

The 9th edition of The Boneyard is up at Catalogue of Organisms. Go check it out for some delicious paleo fun! I'll be hosting the next edition in two weeks, so send your submissions as soon as you can to "a c northrop at gmail dot com." It's my first time and I'm a bit nervous, so help me out (or *insert bad pun*) and send me a paleo-related post that you'd like to have featured!

I've updated my blogroll to include some paleo/evolution blogs that I've been reading for weeks! Be sure to check the new additions!

What I've been doing, in brief:
  • finishing up the (so far) most stressful week of the school year
  • passing my 4th kyu Aikido test!
  • applying topical steroids to my persistent eczema a billion times a day(after forking over a hundred bucks for said topical steroids)
  • watching Dr. Who, Season 3 and feeling slightly embarrassed for the director
  • working on my Triceratops painting while J works on his Pteranodon Jesus painting (pictures to follow soon)
  • fending off a blossoming chest cold
  • trying to understand effective nuclear charge, electron affinity and electronegativity...with only slight progress
  • trying to do derivatives of trigonometric functions (decent progress)
  • wondering why my cat can't poop in the litter box, but instead, carries the poop around with her in her butt hair all day
  • wondering why my cat can't wash her own ass
  • wondering why cat shampoo smells worse than cat poop

2 comments:

dinogami said...

applying topical steroids to my persistent eczema a billion times a day(after forking over a hundred bucks for said topical steroids)

My tube of betamethazone and I feel your pain...

watching Dr. Who, Season 3 and feeling slightly embarrassed for the director

??? Granted, it ain't no Season 1 or 2, but it hasn't been terrible...! (And this new series is quite a bit more enjoyable -- and faster moving -- than the older series, of which I was and am still a big fan!)

wondering why my cat can't poop in the litter box, but instead, carries the poop around with her in her butt hair all day

Trim her butt fur (below the tail) pretty short -- works wonders for our two cats!

wondering why cat shampoo smells worse than cat poop

Funny, I thought cat saliva was cat shampoo...

Amanda said...

Jerry - thanks for the laughs!

I admit, though I think Season 3 is not quite as good as seasons 1 and 2 (I'm only a few episodes into it, though, so I may change my mind) I still can't peel myself away!

About the cat: we get them completely shaved every few months and butt-hair cat is definitely due. Unfortunately, she's also due for distemper shots, rabies shots and tooth cleaning... $$$$$$$!

If Emily's saliva is her shampoo, I'd rather she just roll around in the litter box. That cat has the worst breath....ich!