Sunday, October 7, 2007

Why I don't post on the weekends...

I don't have the Internet at home. Once I get a computer with a net connection, you .00022 million readers can enjoy a nice Saturday post.

Busy busy! This week I learned that I have an Aikido test in mid-November. I'll be testing for 4th kyu, which sounds like a big deal to non-aikidokai, but the ranks go from 5 to 1, so it's not as impressive as it sounds. Still, it means another advancement of sorts...which feels nice. I started training yesterday and things feel good...right where they should be. I'm a little worried because I have a lot of stuff to do and not much time, but I know I'm ready...

For those of you who have never seen Aikido before, you should watch this video. There's a lot of weapons work, and the whole thing is very beautiful. Enjoy.

Also, GWAR is coming to town again! I did a post about my first GWAR experience a while ago on my Myspace blog. Here's a snippet:

Saturday I went to see GWAR. Never having seen them before, I had NO sense of the extent of what I was getting myself into. The show was sold out and the venue packed...my post at the guardrail was painful...the crowd rushed the stage for two hours straight and I had the weight of the whole crowd grinding my hips and ribs into a wooden barrier. My neck is still sore...I have bruises on both hips, both knees...my ears are still ringing...I'm still finding red dye in strange orifices...IT WAS AWESOME!!! Since I could go on for hours about what GWAR is, I'll let Wikipedia summarize for me: "GWAR is a thrash metal, hardcore punk and shock rock band formed in 1985. The band is best known for their elaborate sci-fi/horror film inspired costumes; raunchy, obscene, politically incorrect lyrics; and graphic stage performances, which consist of humorous re-enactments of scatology, sadomasochism, necrophilia, pedophilia, bestiality, fire dancing, pagan rituals, executions, and other controversial violent and political themes."

I'm going to get my tickets after I post this...and I'll be sure to tell you all about it!

No comments: