I have been tagged for my second meme by Brian over at Laelaps! I love it! This one was a little more complicated than the first. Here're the rules:
There are a set of questions below that are all of the form, "The best [subgenre] [medium] in [genre] is...". Copy the questions, and before answering them, you may modify them in a limited way, carrying out no more than two of these operations:
* You can leave them exactly as is.
* You can delete any one question.
* You can mutate either the genre, medium, or subgenre of any one question. For instance, you could change "The best time travel novel in SF/Fantasy is..." to "The best time travel novel in Westerns is...", or "The best time travel movie in SF/Fantasy is...", or "The best romance novel in SF/Fantasy is...".
* You can add a completely new question of your choice to the end of the list, as long as it is still in the form "The best [subgenre] [medium] in [genre] is...".
* You must have at least one question in your set, or you've gone extinct, and you must be able to answer it yourself, or you're not viable.
Then answer your possibly mutant set of questions. Please do include a link back to the blog you got them from, to simplify tracing the ancestry, and include these instructions.
Finally, pass it along to any number of your fellow bloggers. Remember, though, your success as a Darwinian replicator is going to be measured by the propagation of your variants, which is going to be a function of both the interest your well-honed questions generate and the number of successful attempts at reproducing them.
My great-great-great-great-grandparent is Pharyngula.
My great-great-great-grandparent is Metamagician and the Hellfire Club.
My great-great-grandparent is Flying Trilobite
My great-grandparent is A Blog Around the Clock
My grandparent is The Anterior Commissure
My parent is Laelaps
And without further ado:
The best scary movie in sociopolitical dystopias is: 28 Days Later (I still haven't seen Children of Men...)
The best sexy song in ambient music is: "Let Go" by Frou Frou
The best scary story in horror novellas is: "The Langoliers" by Stephen King
The best B-movie in 1980's horror films is: The Evil Dead
The best television series in mockumentary comedy is: Arrested Development
The following can considered themselves tagged:
Matt at Ask Dr. Vector
Zach at When Pigs Fly Returns
Julia at The Ethical Palaontologist
Darren at Tetrapod Zoology
Neil at Microecos