Monday, October 27, 2008

Religulous

I saw Religuous the other day and I laughed my arse off. Not really because of the movie, though. More because J was being hilarious.

I agree with my father that Maher didn't need to make people sound like idiots...the people did it themselves.

I didn't like the Jewish jokes scattered throughout the movie. All of the other jokes were directed towards specific religous beliefs and the Jewish jokes seemed to be directed at the Jewish people, or a sterotype, rather than the beliefs.

My favorite part: the Vatican. You know what I'm talking about (if you don't...go see the movie!).

I'm feeling a bit worn down on all this religion/science stuff...thought it's often on my mind. Just today, in biology class, we were talking about cell communication and I was just blown away by how many things need to be in place in order for a living thing to operate as it does. I thought, I could understand if someone were to see a place for god there.

No comments: