Friday, December 14, 2007

Semester Wrap-up...

So all the grades are in and it was an AWESOME semester.

Here're the final grades:

Chemistry final exam: 97%
Chemistry final grade: A

Calculus final exam: 101%
Calculus final grade: A+

My GPA was a 2.0 at the start of the semester...this was due completely to a semester in 2001 in which I did nothing but drink, smoke pot and skip class. Now, after these two classes, it's a 2.71. If I get all A's next semester, I'll have a 3.08.

Then, if I take Geography over again (one of those classes from that first crappy semester) and get an A, I'll have a 3.40. I think I'm going to do that...I just hate that I've got that scar on my transcript. Bad choices...bad consequences.

4 comments:

Zach said...

I know what you mean. I got a C in chem 1, an F in chem 2, and a D in chem lab. Those grades forever tarnished my GPA, and those classes made me change my major!

Congrats on finishing up the semester. If I remember correctly, it always feels pretty good!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I know how you feel about your GPA; sadly I had a 3.7 GPA then went completely insane with undiagnosed epilepsy combined with drug use, and it dropped to a 3.11 after doing poorly in a couple classes. Now that I'm doing my associates of science degree, they've just given me credits and my GPA is completely wiped, so hopefully i can bring it to above a 3.7 (med school = bitch). Anyway that's my little rant. But good going, and you were always awesome at maths so your calculus score totally doesn't surprise me.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the great grades! I wish I could pull those off (math is not my friend).

As for the AMNH, I'll be there all day, so 10 or 2:30 is fine by me (just let me know when you want to come as I'll get there in the morning and stay through the afternoon).

Amanda said...

Brian: Sounds good. We'll get there at 10. I'll just plan on going to the dinosaur halls first...is there somewhere you'd like to meet up?