Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Crazzy weather...

So, we're under a tornado watch out here, which is weird. I doubt there will be a tornado, but I don't doubt that we'll get some crazy hail and wind. I'm still at work, so I'm all worried about my kitties and my apartment, especially Echo, who freaks out when she hears thunder. I really want to go home and snuggle with her and make sure everything is okay, because, y'know, if there were a tornado, my presence would keep my apartment from exploding apart.

I used to be really obsessed with tornadoes and thunderstorms as a kid. I cut out pictures of them from magazines and plastered my walls with them. I sat outside before storms just watching them roll in and then sat with my face plastered to the window while they raged on outside.

Every time we visited my family in Kentucky, I imagined each storm turning into a raging tornado. I planned out emergency procedures.

For my 16th birthday, I didn't want a party - I wanted to go tornado hunting. My mother wasn't into that, mostly because it involved a LOT of $$$ and probably because it also involved me going out chasing potentially deadly storms.

No comments: