Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Now a Full-Time Self-Desgined Student!

When I started this blog, I chose the name to reflect my major. I was going to create a self-designed major that integrated geology and biology so that I could set myself up nicely for a paleo program. In the end, that didn't work out, so I found myself as a bio/geo double-major working full-time and taking a couple of courses each semester. I did that for three solid years and it was exhausting.

This fall, I am returning to school as a full-time student! I gave notice at my job and my last day is August 27th. They may use me for 14 hours a week or so after that, which will give me some income while I live off of loans!

The lineup for this fall is: Prehistoric Archaeology, Sociobiology, Physics I and Field Geology. I have also enrolled in an Evolution course, but I think I will save that for another semester. Without that course, I would be taking 14 credits, which seems like plenty for a first-time full-timer.

I am so excited to have time to devote to school and feel incredibly lucky to have this opportunity.


dinogami said...

Welcome back! You were missed!

Julia said...

Good luck Amanda! And welcome back to blogging!

ReBecca Hunt-Foster said...

Congrats and best of luck!